If you are looking for an easy appetizer that is also really yummy, try this!
20 endive leaves (about 3 heads)
2 oz. of your favorite blue cheese
10 fresh figs cut in half (use dried figs if you cannot find fresh ones)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
sugar (approximately 1/4 cup or less)
1) Put pecans in a skillet at medium high heat and sprinkle sugar on top; stir until sugar caramelizes and coats pecans; pour onto parchment paper and let cool.
2) Cut figs in half and grill face down until tender (approximately 2 to 5 minutes). If you are using dried figs, do not grill.
3) Separate endive leaves; clean and pat dry with a paper towel.
4) place fig in endive; then add one pecan and a chunk of blue cheese; drizzle a small amount of balsamic vinegar on top.
5) Place on platter and serve!
This appetizer goes great with full-bodied red wines that can stand up to the taste of the bold flavors of blue cheese and balsamic vinegar.