Trying a new spin on stuffed chicken!
4 thinly sliced chicken breasts
4 slices prosciutto
1 bundle of fresh basil
4 long slices of manchego cheese (or one of your favorite cheeses)
1 to 2 cups Italian bread crumbs
1 small carton of cherub tomatoes
1/2 yellow onion
1 roasted red bell pepper
1 cut white corn
2 to 3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
salt and pepper to taste
- Pound out the chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Place the prosciutto on top of the chicken, then add the sliced cheese and 4 to 5 leaves of the fresh basil.
- Roll the chicken tightly and hold with a toothpick and set aside.
- Put beaten eggs in one bowl and the Italian bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Coat chicken with the egg mixture and then the bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken in a pan and place in the oven for 20-30 minutes at 375.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the tomato relish.
- Either roast one red bell pepper yourself in oven before putting in the chicken, or buy already made from store.
- Cut the cherub tomatoes in half and place in bowl.
- Add chopped onion, chopped red bell pepper, chopped Italian parsley and corn.
- Stir relish mixture together and add salt a pepper to taste.
- Once chicken is done, take out from oven and let sit for a few minutes.
- Plate the chicken and relish and top with a balsamic reduction sauce if you wish!