Here is an easy and healthy meatloaf recipe. My husband doesn’t like meatloaf, but he liked this recipe.
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 package ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning (you can also do fresh thyme, oregano, and/or Italian parsley)
- 1/2 to 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/2 to 1 cups spicy BBQ sauce (see my recipe below)
- 1 egg white
- Other finely chopped veggies optional
Cook onions in a frying pan with a approximately 2 tablespoons of olive oil until the onions are traslucent. Let cool and then mix with the rest of the ingredients until everything is evenly mixed together.
You can use a loaf pan, or a larger pan and just mold the turkey mixture into a rectangular shape. Make sure you spray the pan with cooking spray beforehand. Top the uncooked meatloaf with more BBQ sauce and cook at 375 for 30-38 minutes.
Sheri’s Kick Ass BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 50 oz. ketchup
- 4 to 6 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons dried mustard
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon cayanne peppeer
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chili powder (I like ancho chili powder best)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- kosher salt to taste
Combine ingredients into a large pot. Bring to a boil then simmer for 50-60 minutes. Let sit, and then put in glass containers to store in the refrigerator.
I made this recipe and gave as Christmas gifts this year. I put them in cute jars with custom labels. Everyone whose tried it so far really likes it.