- 1 (15 oz.) Can Pumpkin Puree (drain excess water)
- Salt & Pepper
- Dash Of Nutmeg
- 2 3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Melted Butter
- 6-7 Finely Chopped Sage Leaves
- 1 Large Clove Garlic, Minced
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Mix together the flour, pumpkin and seasonings to make a soft dough.
- Add additional flour if the dough is sticky or does not hold together.
- Divide the dough into 6 parts, and on a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a rope about 1 inch in diameter.
- Cut the rope into 1 inch pieces and roll each lightly along the floured surface.
- Roll each piece of dough over a wooden paddle with ridges or over the tines of a fork to form grooves in the dough.
- Place on a lightly floured baking sheet. You can refrigerate the gnocchi until you are ready to cook them.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted wanter to a boil and cook the gnocchi until they rise to the surface (approximately 2 to 3 minutes).
- Strain and set aside.
Butter Sage Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a large skillet on medium heat and add chopped or whole sage leaves.
- Add gnocchi to skillet and stir for a minute then take off the heat.
- Serve gnocchi and add freshly grated parmesan cheese.