I came up with this new appetizer for the super bowl party I went to, and everyone liked my little cheeseburger bites.
This recipe makes 30 mini cheeseburger bites.
- 2 packages of puff pastry
- 1 package of bacon
- 1 package of ground beef or meat of your choice
- 30 small slices of cheddar cheese (about 1/2 block of cheese)
- 1 onion, sliced thinly into long stripes
- 1/2 cup of your favorite spicy BBQ sauce (I used my homemade stuff)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thaw the puff pastry – approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a pan and cook the onions until caramelized on medium heat (approximately 15-20 minutes). Set aside.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and cook until done and set aside.
- Lightly oil tartlet pans.
- Cut each puff pastry piece into 9 squares.
- Place all the puff pastry squares into the tarlet pan.
- In a bowl combine ground beef, BBQ sauce, parmesan cheese, and spices.
- Role the ground beef mixture into small balls and place in the puff pastry.
- Baste the top of the ground beef with a small amount of BBQ sauce.
- Add the caramelized onions on top of the beef, then add a slice of cheddar cheese and top with the bacon pieces.
- Cook in over at 375 for 25-35 minutes.
- Let cool, and then place on a platter to serve.